Pages

Breakfast In Bed

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Daddy Luka

Lowbrow alert! I am not ashamed to admit that it is my Monday night treat to stay up past my bedtime and watch ER. I got hooked around the 4th series and have been back to catch up on the early days on DVD. Now in its 12th season, I am delighted to see the swoonsome Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) in the 'top doc' spot, following in the footsteps of Dr Greene (Anthony Edwards) and Dr Carter (Noah Wyle). It's good to see lovely Luka finally getting the attention he deserves, having been smouldering in the background since season 6, with a few interesting storylines, but long periods of character stagnation. Last night's episode "All About Christmas Eve" finished on the shock revelation that Abby (Lockhart - played by Maura Tierney) is carrying Luka's child. The chemistry between the two had been building all series, and I am sure I'm not the only fan who was pleased to see them get it together again a couple of episodes ago (They dated for a while back in season 7). The credits rolled before we could see Luka's reaction to Abby's news, but we know he is desperate to be a father again after his kids were killed during the war in Croatia, so surely he will be jumping for joy. What remains to be seen is whether Abby, with her traumatic family background, can cope with the idea of motherhood. Both characters are long overdue some stability and contentment, so here's hoping for a happy ending...

Season 6 of ER, in which Dr. Kovac first appears, is out on DVD in a few weeks. With only six more episodes to go in the current season, it's comforting to have this to look forward to. Oh the shame of TV addiction!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm a feature writer for The Argus. I'm writing a piece on female bloggers and I'd like to talk to you about your site. Could you get in touch? - sooner the better, my deadline is quite tight. email lisa.frascarelli@theargus.co.uk or 01273-544546.

    Thanks,

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, messed it up.

    What I said was, brilliant series, and used to be essential viewing for all UK doctors, but just not the same since Mark left.

    http://nhsblogdoc.blogspot.com/2006/02/what-would-mark-do.html

    John

    ReplyDelete

I don't publish anonymous or obviously self-promotional comments, so please include your name and preferably a link to your site/blog/Twitter profile if you have one.